CS1 at Scale
- 2020: Attitudinal Trajectories in an Online CS1 Class: Demographic and Performance Trends. David A. Joyner, Lily Bernstein, Maria-Isabelle Dittamo, Ben Englelman, Alysha Naran, Amber Ott, Jasmine Suh & Abby Thien. In Proceedings of the 2020 ACM Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education.
- 2019: Replicating and Unraveling Performance and Behavioral Differences between an Online and a Traditional CS Course. David A. Joyner & Melinda McDaniel. In ACM Global Computing Education Conference 2019 (CompEd ’19).
- 2019: Building Purposeful Online Learning: Outcomes from Blending CS1. In Madden, A., Margulieux, L., Kadel, R., & Goel, A. (Eds.) Blended Learning in Practice.
- 2019: From Clusters to Content: Using Code Clustering for Course Improvement. David A. Joyner, Ryan Arrison, Mehnaz Ruksana, Evi Salguero, Zida Wang, Ben Wellington, & Kevin Yin. In Proceedings of the 50th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE).
- 2018: Intelligent Evaluation and Feedback in Support of a Credit-Bearing MOOC. David Joyner. In Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on AI in Education.
- 2018: Toward CS1 at Scale: Building and Testing a MOOC-for-Credit Candidate. David Joyner. In Proceedings of the 5th ACM Conference on Learning at Scale.
- 2017: A holistic approach to academic integrity in a CS1 MOOC. David Joyner. In Proceedings of Learning with MOOCs IV.
- 2017: Seven design principles for scalable for-credit CS1 education. David Joyner. In Proceedings of Learning with MOOCs IV.
- 2017: Congruency, Adaptivity, Modularity, and Personalization: Four Experiments in Teaching Introduction to Computing. David Joyner. In Proceedings of the Fourth Annual ACM Conference on Learning at Scale. Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- 2017: Introduction to Computing. David Joyner. McGraw-Hill. 978-1-260-08227-2.
- 02 Mar 2020: Paper accepted to ITICSE 2020. David Joyner and the teaching assistants for CS1301 authored a paper on what determines students' attitudes towards CS during a semester in a CS1 class.
- 10 Dec 2019: OMSCS and CS1301 win Reimagine Education Awards. The OMSCS program won first place in the Best Distributed/Online Program for Nurturing 21st-Century Skills category, and CS1301 took the Bronze Award for the Engineering & IT Discipline.
- 01 Apr 2019: Book chapter published in MIT Press Blended Learning volume.
- 18 Jan 2019: Two full papers accepted for ACM CompEd 2019. Two papers, one co-authored by David Joyner, Charles Isbell, Thad Starner, and Ashok Goel and one co-authored by David Joyner and Melinda McDaniel, have been accepted to ACM CompEd 2019.
- 26 Jun 2018: Presenting at the 2018 Festival of Learning. David Joyner is presenting five papers at the Festival of Learning between ICLS, AI in Education, and Learning @ Scale this week.
- 26 Apr 2018: Two full papers accepted to Learning @ Scale 2018. David Joyner has had two full papers accepted for Learning at Scale 2018, one on policies and workflows in the OMSCS and one on results from CS1 online.
- 24 Mar 2018: Two short papers accepted to AI in Education 2018. LucyLabs has had two short papers accepted to AI in Education 2018: one by David Joyner and Heather Newman, the other by David Joyner alone.
- 08 Oct 2017: Presenting four papers at Learning with MOOCs IV. This week, David Joyner is presenting four papers at Learning with MOOCs IV.
- 28 Jul 2017: Four papers accepted to Learning with MOOCs 2017. Four papers have been accepted for the 2017 Learning with MOOCs conference at UT-Austin.
- 20 Apr 2017: Presenting two papers at Learning @ Scale. This week, David Joyner is presenting two papers at Learning @ Scale 2017 in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- 10 Feb 2017: Work in Progress Paper accepted to Learning @ Scale 2017. David Joyner's short paper "Congruency, Adaptivity, Modularity, and Personalization: Four Experiments in Teaching Introduction to Computing" has been accepted to Learning @ Scale 2017