Visit Charles’ personal web page here.
- 2019: Master’s at Scale: Five Years in a Scalable Online Graduate Degree. David A. Joyner & Charles Isbell. In Proceedings of the Sixth Annual ACM Conference on Learning at Scale.
- 2019: Five Years of Graduate CS Education Online and at Scale. David A. Joyner, Charles Isbell, Thad Starner, & Ashok Goel. In ACM Global Computing Education Conference 2019 (CompEd ’19).
- 2016: The Unexpected Pedagogical Benefits of Making Higher Education Accessible. David Joyner, Ashok Goel, & Charles Isbell. In Proceedings of the Third Annual ACM Conference on Learning @ Scale. Edinburgh, UK.
- Presentation: The Unexpected Pedagogical Benefits of Making Higher Education Accessible. The flipped presentation for the corresponding paper at Learning @ Scale 2016.
- 24 Jun 2019: Three papers presented at the 2019 Learning @ Scale conference. LucyLabs members presented three papers at Learning @ Scale this week: "Master’s at Scale: Five Years in a Scalable Online Graduate Degree", "Synchronous at Scale: Investigation and Implementation of a Semi-Synchronous Online Lecture Platform", and "Peer Advising at Scale: Content and Context of a Learner-Owned Course Evaluation System".
- 12 Mar 2019: Full paper accepted to 2019 ACM Learning @ Scale conference. David Joyner's and Charles Isbell's paper "Master’s at Scale: Five Years in a Scalable Online Graduate Degree" has been accepted for Learning @ Scale 2019.
- 18 Jan 2019: Two full papers accepted for ACM CompEd 2019. Two papers, one co-authored by David Joyner, Charles Isbell, Thad Starner, and Ashok Goel and one co-authored by David Joyner and Melinda McDaniel, have been accepted to ACM CompEd 2019.
- 25 Apr 2016: David, Dana, and Chaohua present at Learning @ Scale 2016. David Joyner, Dana Sheahen, and Chaohua Ou are in Edinburgh, Scotland presenting our five papers. All five presentations are part of the conference's flipped sessions, and the pre-recorded presentations are available here.
- 15 Apr 2016: Learning @ Scale Flipped Presentations Now Available. For our five Learning @ Scale papers, we are participating in a flipped session. This entails filming the presentation in advance. The presentations are open to the public and now available.
- 14 Dec 2015: Paper on the OMSCS accepted to Learning @ Scale 2016. "The Unexpected Pedagogical Benefits of Making Higher Education Accessible" has been accepted to Learning @ Scale 2016. The paper is co-authored by David Joyner, Ashok Goel, and Charles Isbell. Congratulations!