This assignment is subject to change up until 3 weeks prior to the due date. We do not anticipate changes; any changes will be logged in this section.
- 11/28/2021 Updated the study material section to include the disclaimer for incorrect answers from unofficial resources.
Exam 2 is worth 12.5% of your overall grade
Number of Questions
There will be up to 30 questions
There will be a 35 minute time limit
- closed-book and closed-note (you may not consult any resources)
- No scratch paper or writing utensils
- No calculators of any kind (and not even the one that comes with your computer)
- No cell phones.
- No headphones (or earphones)
- No food or drinks
- Please ensure you are alone in a quiet area and your webcam is right side up.
- Do not leave from webcam view
- No discussion of exam questions or material while the exam is open in Piazza, Slack or any other medium
Any material in the lecture videos or in the non-optional items listed under Readings/Videos from Week 8 to Week 16 are eligible for inclusion on the exams
- Lecture 02-07
- Lecture 02-08
- Market Simulator
- What Hedge Funds Really Do Ch. 8
- What Hedge Funds Really Do Ch. 12
- The Big Short (Also on other streaming services)
- Time Series Data (First 30 Minutes)
- Technical Trading
- Lecture 02-09
- Lecture 02-10
- Decision Tree-Based Trading I
- Decision Ree-Based Trading II
- What Hedge Funds Really Do Ch. 9
- Lecture 03-05
- Lecture 03-06
- Navigation Project
- Lecture 03-07
- Strategies for Q-Learner Trader
- Options Trading
- Interview with Tammer Kamel (Canvas)
You are encouraged to peruse materials from previous semesters and other resources linked below to prepare for the exam. NOTE: The course staff has no guarantee of correctness of the resource answers as some are student-generated, incorrect, or incomplete. They are meant to be a tool to use for understanding how the questions will be devised. In general, it would be beneficial to only use the questions as a means to research your own answers. Also, much of the code will be in Python 2 so some of the results will differ from Python 3.