Exam 1 is worth 12.5% of your overall grade.
Number of Questions
There will be up to 30 multiple-choice questions.
There will be a 35 minute time limit.
- closed-book and closed-note (you may not consult any resources).
- No scratch paper or writing utensils.
- No calculators of any kind (and not even the one that comes with your computer).
- No cell phones.
- No headphones (or earphones).
- No food or drinks.
- Please ensure you are alone in a quiet area and your webcam is right side up.
- Do not leave from webcam view.
- No discussion of exam questions or material while the exam is open in Piazza, Slack or any other medium (to include the study material linked in this page).
Any material in the lecture videos or in the non-optional items listed under Readings/Videos from Week 1 to Week 7 are eligible for inclusion on the exams.
- Lecture 01-01
- Lecture 01-02
- Lecture 01-03
- Lecture 01-04
- Lecture 01-05
- Lecture 01-06
- Lecture 01-07
- Lecture 01-08
- Lecture 01-09
- Lecture 03-01
- Lecture 03-02
- Lecture 02-01
- Lecture 02-02
- What Hedge Funds Really Do Ch. 2
- What Hedge Funds Really Do Ch. 4
- Lecture 02-03
- Lecture 02-04
- What Hedge Funds Really Do Ch. 5
- What Hedge Funds Really Do Ch. 7
- Is the stock market rigged?
- Lecture 02-05
- Lecture 02-06
You are encouraged to peruse materials from previous semesters and other resources linked below to prepare for the exam. NOTE: The course staff has no guarantee of correctness of the resource answers as some are student generated, incorrect or incomplete. They are meant to be a tool to use for understanding how the questions will be devised. In general, it would be beneficial to only use the questions as a means to research your own answers. Also, much of the code will be in Python 2 so some of the results will differ from Python 3.